Full Advert Details
Pets Age : Just Born Today. Please note, as this pet is for adoption, this may only be an approximate age.
Advert Description : One Giant African Land Snail approx 4 years old free to anyone who would like him/her. Eats all sorts of veg. An easy pet to look after. Collection from Penistone area of Barnsley.
Pet Insurance Quote | Compare & Buy
Could you afford it if your pet becomes ill or is involved in an accident? The average cost of a visit to the vet is over £280 with some more complex treatments, such as treating a spinal injury, costing over £3000.
From as little as £4.00 per month, you can insure your pet and any vet bills would be payed direct by your insurer. We have searched through lots of pet insurance policies to bring you the best deals available on the Internet. To retrieve a free online quote click the link below.
Compare the Best Pet Insurance Deals Now ▶
Advice when adopting a new Snails
Its great that you are interested in adopting a pet, but please read the following advice beforehand :
- Please consider your personal circumstances before you make the decision to adopt a pet. Most pets in rescue centres have had at least one previous home, and therefore it is important that their next owner can give them a home for life.
- Read our article entitled Why Adopt a Pet?
- When adopting most pets like Cats or Dogs, rescue centres will want to visit your home to assess your suitability for rehoming the pet, it is advisable to be as honest as possible.
- Can you afford the costs of keeping the pet? As well as unexpected veterinarian bills? Including food and vaccinations?
- Do you have the time to spend with the pet, including grooming? Remember, some pets may come with behaviour problems? And some pets have longer coats that need more attention?
- What will you do with your pet when you go on holiday?
- Are there lifestyle-altering events that could occur in your foreseeable future? - A baby, caring for an elderly family member, divorce, job uncertainty, etc? (Think carefully how would you deal with these changes as they impact on your ability to care for a pet). Read our article on The top five reasons people give for re-homing their pets.
- Does your accommodation suit the adopted pet? Is your garden securely fenced?