Lovely Little Shih Tzu
- 1 year ago
- For Adoption
- Shih Tzu
Important Please note that this advert has been closed and the pet is no longer available.
Advertiser Type :
Full Advert Details
This lovely little black and white female Shih Tzu, is looking for her forever home.
She is a typical Shih Tzu, friendly and cuddly, with a BIG personality. She is good with dogs and small furries. She is good with children but we would recommend that she goes with children over 7 years of age.
She loves going for walks but she will always welcome an evening snuggle.
She will be ready to go to her forever home from Sunday 26th January 2014 she will come fully vaccinated and spayed.
Advice when adopting a new Shih Tzu
Its great that you are interested in adopting a pet, but please read the following advice beforehand :
- Read our detailed Information guide about dogs for potential new dog owners.
- Most rescue centres will not rehome a dog if you work full time, this is because it is unfair to leave a dog alone at home for most of the day. If however, you can show the rescue centre that your dog will be visited throughout the day either by yourself, a neighbour, a friend, a family member or a professional dog walker then please explain this to the rescue centre.
- Do you plan to walk the dog a mile or more every day?
- Please consider your personal circumstances before you make the decision to adopt a pet. Most pets in rescue centres have had at least one previous home, and therefore it is important that their next owner can give them a home for life.
- Read our article entitled Why Adopt a Pet?
- When adopting most pets like Cats or Dogs, rescue centres will want to visit your home to assess your suitability for rehoming the pet, it is advisable to be as honest as possible.
- Can you afford the costs of keeping the pet? As well as unexpected veterinarian bills? Including food and vaccinations?
- Do you have the time to spend with the pet, including grooming? Remember, some pets may come with behaviour problems? And some pets have longer coats that need more attention?
- What will you do with your pet when you go on holiday?
- Are there lifestyle-altering events that could occur in your foreseeable future? - A baby, caring for an elderly family member, divorce, job uncertainty, etc? (Think carefully how would you deal with these changes as they impact on your ability to care for a pet). Read our article on The top five reasons people give for re-homing their pets.
- Does your accommodation suit the adopted pet? Is your garden securely fenced?
- What kind of breed are you looking for? Are you sure it suits your lifestyle? Read our Shih Tzu Dog breed information profile to research and find out more about this breed before deciding that this is the best breed for you.
Please read visit our Pet Advice section for further information before adopting a dog or puppy. Here are a few very useful articles you should read first :
1) A Beginners Guide to Adopting a Dog
2) 10 Things You Need To Consider Before Getting a Puppy
3) All About Dog Rescue Centres
4) Why adopt an older dog ?
5) Could you offer a new home to a pedigree dog ?