Champ Black And Tan
- 5 months ago
- For Sale
- Jack Russell
Important Please note that this advert has been closed and the pet is no longer available.
Key Advert Facts
Advertiser Type :
Vaccinations Up-to-Date :
Full Advert Details
Beautiful Black and Tan dog pup left champ is looking for his forever home. Champ is wormed and fleas up to date. Mum is available to be seen
Important Notice from Pets4Homes - Before contacting the seller, you MUST read our pet advice below. NEVER send money for a deposit or pay for a pet online without visiting the advertisers home first to confirm they are genuine.
Puppy/Dog Adoption Checklist
Before contacting or visiting the advertiser for this Jack Russell. Please make sure you have printed and read this checklist fully. Do NOT buy a dog or puppy from the advertiser unless you are happy that they follow all the advice on the list. If you have any concerns, report them to us.
- Do your research first
Getting a new dog or puppy is a massive commitment, so make sure you have researched the breed fully and have the time and commitment necessary to care for the dog. You can read our detailed Information guide about dogs for potential new dog owners. Also read our Jack Russell Dog breed information profile.
- Confirm that the advertiser is genuine
You should verify this by arranging to visit the dog or puppy at the advertisers home, if they make excuses or try to ask for money or a deposit to be paid online without visiting the dog at their home, or if the advertiser attempts to deliver the puppies or meet you at any other location than their own home, then please do not agree to this. NEVER pay for a dog or send money as a deposit without visiting and seeing the dog at its home beforehand. Please read our article on avoiding potential scams.
Pets4Homes do not verify that all advertisers are genuine, so you must make sure you visit the advertiser at their home to confirm yourself. If you are unsure that the advertiser is genuine, please report them to us.
- Can the puppies be viewed with their Mother?
The advertiser should ALWAYS let you see the puppies with their mother, and in certain circumstances should let you see the puppies father. Not being able to see the puppies mother is a sign the puppies have not been bred by the advertiser and possibly imported. If the advertiser makes excuses why you cannot see the puppies mum, please walk away and report them to us. Pets4Homes do not allow the third party sale of puppies. All litters of puppies advertised, MUST have been bred by the advertiser.
- Is the Puppy over 8 Weeks of age?
Puppies must be at least 8 weeks old and fully weaned before they can leave their mothers. Most responsible sellers will keep their puppies longer than this before they let them go to new homes. Read further information on the minimum age puppies should be before leaving their mothers
- Is the puppy/dog Microchipped ?From April 6th 2016 it will be required by law that all dog over 8 weeks of age are microchipped and that the keepers details registered against them are kept up to date. The breeder is responsible for microchipping the puppies and must have their details registered on the microchip database first. Please check to make sure you receive the microchip documentation with chip number BEFORE taking the dog or puppy home and then arrange to transfer the microchip in to your own name. (More Info)
- Check the Health of the Puppy or DogIt can be difficult for the average person to check if a dog or puppy is healthy or not, so if you decide to adopt or buy the puppy, make sure that the seller agrees that you can return them within 48 hours for a full refund after taking the dog or puppy to a Vet of your choice for a health check. The seller should be willing to let you do this. If the puppy has already been health checked by their own vet, make sure you get evidence for this in the form of vet records and phone their vet to confirm this.
- Is the puppy or dog up to date with their vaccinations?
Puppies should receive 2 vaccinations, the first at around 8 to 10 weeks of age and the second, two weeks later at around 10 to 12 weeks of age. Older Dogs require booster vaccinations occasionally as recommended by their Vet. Ask the breeder which vaccinations they have had and if not, why not. Puppies should have at least had their first set of vaccinations before they leave. If the seller has not started the puppies vaccinations, it will be your responsibility to make sure you arrange both vaccinations 7 days before letting your puppy go outside. (More Info)
- Have the puppies been treated for worms and fleas?Puppies should really be wormed at around 2 weeks of age, and again at around 5 weeks of age, and finally just before they leave the seller/breeder at 8 to 12 weeks of age.
- Ask questions about puppies mother
Ask how many litters the mother has had and how old she is, she should be at least 1.5 years old. Ask about her temperament. The advertiser should want to tell you all about the puppies mother.
- Is the dog/puppy registered with the kennel club?If they are, then check to make sure you are given the correct kennel club documents BEFORE you decide to take the dog home. It may also be worth phoning the kennel club to check the information provided is correct.
- Have the puppies been socialised ?Make sure that puppies have been socialised from a very early age and are raised in a home environment, have interacted with their litter mates and are used to people, children and general household life. Puppies that haven't been raised in a home environment may develop behavioural issues, have temperamental problems, be difficult to housetrain and find adjusting to family life hard.
Please read our Pet Advice section for further information before buying a dog. Here are a few very useful articles you should read before visiting any dogs or puppies :
1) Ten pitfalls to avoid when buying a pedigree puppy
2) What paperwork should you have
3) Important Questions to ask the Breeder
4) Picking a healthy puppy
5) Choosing a pedigree puppy
6) Health testing for dogs